4 Feb. 2016. https://web.whatsapp.com/-Sustainable Penang
11:31. Lim Thean-heng (LTH, Site initiator). Shares a picture of Mayor Enrique Peñalosa of Bogotá on a bike.
11:59. Britton (EB):
To draw your attention to one small detail in the photo of Mayor Enrique Peñalosa of Bogotá on a bike. He is an everyday city cyclist, and like the vast majority of such cyclists in cities with good bike policies, he is not wearing a helmet. That means he perceives cycling in his city as safe enough not to have to wear a helmet.
World Streets, Paris. 27 January 2016
Set up as a dedicated independent group platform in April 2007, the World City Cycling Forum of World Streets has grown slowly over these nearly nine years, and just this week for the first time passed the 400 member threshold, with today exactly 411 signed in members from all continents and countries rich and poor, several thousand postings and hundreds of striking photographs. Bravo to us all!
* See https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldcitybike/
There are three “worlds” of cycling — and perhaps surprisingly they have very little to do with each other.
Two are much appreciated by those who practice them and are quite easy to do.
While the third often appears to be close to impossible. But it is far more important than the rest combined and multiplied by a thousand.
Let’s have a look.
Not as simple as it may look
There are three “worlds” of cycling, and surprisingly they have very little to do with each other. Two are quite easy to do, while one is close to impossible, but far more important than the rest. Let’s have a look.
(An unstructured chat among fellow cyclists. Definitely not a questionnaire)
A. YOU AND CYCLING
1. You are a woman YES________/No __________
2. You have a bicycle YES________/No __________
3. You ride a bicycle fairly often in your day to day life as “normal transport: YES______/No ____
4. You find that is not always that easy, safe or agreeable to use a bike in your city. YES____/No _____ (City name)_______________________________
5. You understand that in different places/cultures actually having and riding a bike for a woman is not all that easy, for many reasons. . . YES________/No ______________
(This is an excellent example of what CFDs are for. Step by step innovation)
MCG plans to lay cycle tracks in all major roads within 3 years