Ouch! And so well said!
These few telling words from Stacy Thompson, director of the Livable Streets Alliance, a transportation advocacy group watching out for the public interest in Boston Massachusetts — in the context of a critical commentary on the dockless bike wars that are presently ravaging cities and challenging governments around the world.
And this of course is what World Streets is supposed to be all about: The Politics of Transport in Cities. Satcy has put our challenge into a nutshell.
- For more on World Streets and “shared mobility” check out https://worldstreets.wordpress.com/tag/sharedmobility/
- On city cycling: https://worldstreets.wordpress.com/tag/city-cycling/
- And on politics of transport in cities: https://worldstreets.wordpress.com/tag/politics/
Some quick references:
- Infrastructure can save an industry led astray by dockless bike design — https://bit.ly/2k6RaB9
The rise of the dockless bicycle – street litter, or the future of public transport? – https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/are-dockless-bikes-the-future/
- International press reviews (Google) – https://bit.ly/2KAbvtL
- Facebook on Dockless Bikes – https://bit.ly/2wRQ2u9
World Streets Reader Map (Hits in last week)
# # #
About the editor:
13, rue Pasteur. Courbevoie 92400 France
Bio: Founding editor of World Streets (1988), Eric Britton is an American political scientist, teacher, occasional consultant, and sustainability activist who has observed, learned, taught and worked on missions and advisory assignments on all continents. In the autumn of 2019, he committed his remaining life work to the challenges of aggressively countering climate change and specifically greenhouse gas emissions emanating from the mobility sector. He is not worried about running out of work. Further background and updates: @ericbritton | http://bit.ly/2Ti8LsX | #fekbritton | https://twitter.com/ericbritton | and | https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericbritton/ Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org) | +336 508 80787 (Also WhatApp) | Skype: newmobility.)