2013 Program Themes- - - - - > START HERE < - - - - - 1. World Streets in 2013 2. The Beautiful City 3. The Equity Agenda 4. Women, gender parity and why 5. The Art/Science of Slowth 6. Open Systems/Zetabytes 7. The Sharing Agenda 8. Free Public Transport 9. Signals, Perception, Behaviour 10. Economic Instruments 11. Future of the car in the city 12. Good morning, Madame Mayor 13. New Mobility Media 14. 2013 NO (MORE) EXCUSES
And just behind these
FACEBOOK GROUPS- - - > HOW THEY WORK - - - > WorldStreetsOnline - - - > New Mobility Consult - - - > Equity/Transport program - - - > World Transport Journal - - - > World Transport Archives - - - > World Carshare/ xCars - - - > World City Bike Forum - - - > Car Free Cafe - - - > Safe Streets Challenge - - - > Gender/Equity/Transport - - - > Value Capture/LVT - - - > New Mobility Kids Network - - - > Accès Universel - - - > Nuova Moblita (Italy) - - - > Streets of India - - - > Nova Mobilidade - - - > Streets of Iran - - - > Calles de Guadalajara - - - > Thinking about Africa - - - > Thinking about China - - - > Thinking about Russia - - - > What is Europe - - - > Worst Practices Department
New Mobility Groups
New Mobility programs
Let’s go to the movies
World Streets Sentinels
- The latest issue of Carfree Times is now available at: carfree.com/cft/i073.html Carfree.com has moved... fb.me/6x9UVJNx2 1 day ago
- SEARCHING WORLD STREETS – AN OPEN LIBRARY AND TOOLKIT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS Few things are more frustrating in this... fb.me/20V6g6Xyz 5 days ago
- Searching World Streets – An open library and toolkit at your fingertips Few things are more frustrating in this... fb.me/6t7W1T2nh 5 days ago
- A NEW MOMENT FOR CARSHARING IN THE NETHERLANDS Over the last decade carsharing has increasingly proven itself to... fb.me/2MLG4CBM1 1 week ago
- Hail the New Auto "With polite drivers, autos on call and GPS-enabled trip meters, the autorickshaw is getting a... fb.me/339cQAQdF 1 week ago
- NMT Newsletter (Clean Air Asia-India) walkabilityasia.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/nmt_ti… fb.me/6AIUjC8bH 1 week ago
- ON FAIRNESS IN THE DOMAIN OF TRANSPORTATION The upper and lower limit of government intervention A... fb.me/6sq3fuuZQ 1 week ago
- ON FAIRNESS IN THE DOMAIN OF TRANSPORTATION The upper and lower limit of government intervention A... fb.me/1e0QyAvKU 1 week ago
- IS WORLD STREETS DOING ITS JOB? WE ASKED 100 EXPERTS FOR THEIR VIEWS – - AND 101 RESPONDED. The results are... fb.me/1NZ5WgRjk 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Google World Streets
Category Archives: Law
(While Lee Schipper is recovering, here is another example of his always-on prescience in the poorly lit streets of this gasping planet.) If matters of climate, sustainable transportation and careful use of scarce resources are close to your heart, and you happen to be European, you may have some reserves about your country’s ecologically billed, and energetically buttressed “Cash for Clunkers” (in more polite Euro language of course) program. Let a couple of Americans energy policy experts help you feel a bit less embarrassed. You are not alone. Continue reading
We asked for the counsel of a number of international experts with backgrounds and contrasting views in this area, and this short report summarizes their information and recommendations. Still looks pretty good in 2011.
* Click here for World Streets report – Bikes, helmets and the law
Dear Porto Alegre and Brazilian Friends,
With all due respect, I propose that you give some thought to organizing to get strong citizen and multi-party support to exact “appropriate compensation” for Friday’s horrible, dumb and indeed tragic event on the streets of your beautiful city. I would imagine that this is a one-time, not to be repeated opportunity to get something very important and far-sighted out of a shaken city administration. Timing is everything in cases like this. You should thus be able to exact what you need today far better than just one week ago. Or a month or more from now once the heat has dissipated. So go for it!