2013 Program Themes- - - - - > START HERE < - - - - - 1. World Streets in 2013 2. The Beautiful City 3. The Equity Agenda 4. Women, gender parity and why 5. The Art/Science of Slowth 6. Open Systems/Zetabytes 7. The Sharing Agenda 8. Free Public Transport 9. Signals, Perception, Behaviour 10. Economic Instruments 11. Future of the car in the city 12. Good morning, Madame Mayor 13. New Mobility Media 14. 2013 NO (MORE) EXCUSES
And just behind these
FACEBOOK GROUPS- - - > HOW THEY WORK - - - > WorldStreetsOnline - - - > New Mobility Consult - - - > Equity/Transport program - - - > World Transport Journal - - - > World Transport Archives - - - > World Carshare/ xCars - - - > World City Bike Forum - - - > Car Free Cafe - - - > Safe Streets Challenge - - - > Gender/Equity/Transport - - - > Value Capture/LVT - - - > New Mobility Kids Network - - - > Accès Universel - - - > Nuova Moblita (Italy) - - - > Streets of India - - - > Nova Mobilidade - - - > Streets of Iran - - - > Calles de Guadalajara - - - > Thinking about Africa - - - > Thinking about China - - - > Thinking about Russia - - - > What is Europe - - - > Worst Practices Department
New Mobility Groups
New Mobility programs
Let’s go to the movies
World Streets Sentinels
- Nite Tanzarn from Uganda: I read with interest, the recently published report on Report: “Transport for Health,... fb.me/7fU70vmPJ 1 day ago
- The latest issue of Carfree Times is now available at: carfree.com/cft/i073.html Carfree.com has moved... fb.me/6x9UVJNx2 4 days ago
- SEARCHING WORLD STREETS – AN OPEN LIBRARY AND TOOLKIT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS Few things are more frustrating in this... fb.me/20V6g6Xyz 1 week ago
- Searching World Streets – An open library and toolkit at your fingertips Few things are more frustrating in this... fb.me/6t7W1T2nh 1 week ago
- A NEW MOMENT FOR CARSHARING IN THE NETHERLANDS Over the last decade carsharing has increasingly proven itself to... fb.me/2MLG4CBM1 1 week ago
- Hail the New Auto "With polite drivers, autos on call and GPS-enabled trip meters, the autorickshaw is getting a... fb.me/339cQAQdF 1 week ago
- NMT Newsletter (Clean Air Asia-India) walkabilityasia.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/nmt_ti… fb.me/6AIUjC8bH 1 week ago
- ON FAIRNESS IN THE DOMAIN OF TRANSPORTATION The upper and lower limit of government intervention A... fb.me/6sq3fuuZQ 1 week ago
- ON FAIRNESS IN THE DOMAIN OF TRANSPORTATION The upper and lower limit of government intervention A... fb.me/1e0QyAvKU 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Google World Streets
Category Archives: Finance
We have no money gentlemen, so we shall have to think.
– Ernest Rutherford, on taking over Cavendish Laboratory in 1919
World Streets is an independent public interest publication of the New Mobility Agenda made freely available to all who are looking to understand, support, and contribute to the sustainability agenda anywhere in the world. We firmly believe that there should be no barriers, and especially not commercial ones, to the free circulation of ideas, news, tools and peer exchanges when it comes to the important issues of sustainable development and social justice. To ensure our full independence we do not accept advertising. We depend on the support of our readers, concerned public agencies, foundations and actors in the private sector to keep going.
The Greek Formula One idiocies of late — see http://goo.gl/E64Tp for ample backgrouknd there — have me asking myself, on what planet do these good souls and their ilk live? Or think they live? And then I remembered Laputa.
Parisar is a civil society organization in Pune India working on lobbying and advocacy for sustainable development. Its work focuses mainly on sustainable urban transport, since it recognizes that unsustainable transport policies and systems are the foremost threat to urban environment and quality of life. This article, kindly shared with us by their blog team at http://www.parisar.org/, reports on an activity the likes of which we would like to see in every city in the world — a continuing citizen audit of the city’s budget, and in particular those aspects that relate to transportation investments and expenditures. Continue reading
Annoucement: The Volvo Sustainable Mobility award supports all groups, organizations, institutes and individuals who are working towards creating ‘innovative solutions’ in the broad area of supporting sustainable transport in cities. The objective is to highlight the need to develop effective urban transport & mobility system to address the needs of rapidly growing cities. The last date for registering entries is August 30th 2011. The last date for submitting project details for the award is September 1st 2011. Continue reading