One way of looking at World Streets and its partners, multiple networks, continuing research and professional activity in our chosen field is to see it as the tip of a very large “iceberg” of experience and competence which can be put to work on your projects and programs. By making use of and supporting our consultancy and advisory services, you are also helping us to fund and carry on with the journal. Here are some of the ways in which this competence can be put to work in collaboration with others.
* Project Leader: Eric Britton
Trained as a development economist, Francis Eric Knight Britton is founding editor of World Streets and also managing director of EcoPlan International, an independent advisory network providing strategic counsel for government and business on policy and decision issues involving complex systems, social-technical change and sustainable development. His work focuses on the subject of equity, economy and efficiency in city transport, and helping governments to ask the right questions and find practical solutions to urban transport issues. Over 2012 and 2013 he is test-driving his new book, The Third Transportation Revolution: A Tale of Cities, Indolence, Complexity and. . . Equity, in a series of conferences with public agencies, suppliers and critical audiences in cities around the world. Eric leads the projects that are briefly introduced below and which most of the time require interdisciplinary teams with the necessary full range of technical and strategic competences.
- – - >More at http://wp.me/PsKUY-2p7
* PROJECT CONSULTANCY/ADVISORY SERVICES. You can call in our specialised strategic consultancy/advisory capabilities at key intervals to brainstorm, cross-check, review, support and even sell your new project or plan. On a confidential in-house basis or as an open public review. (Experience shows that we are most useful during (a) the initial scoping and planning stages, (b) strategic intervals for mid-term reviews and suggested fine-tuning; (c) on-line consultation and discussion as the project moves ahead, and (d) project launch. Then it can be helpful in some cases if there are occasional (but not too often) periodic reviews and commentaries. But the point is that our services are useful in small strategic doses and cannot substitute for the technical capabilities and staff work that will be critical to make sure your project succeeds. )
* MEDIATION AND NEGOTIATION. Moving from traditional to sustainable practices in the transport sector can often be a divisive experience for a community. There are times when a trusted independent outside voice and more complete dialogue can help lower the temperature to reach a better level of social consensus, harmony and finally, better performing systems.
* JOINT PROJECTS. Joint projects/program support in collaboration with some of the most capable NGOs, university programs, local associations and consultancy groups working in these areas. Again, in these cases our inputs are strategic and complementary to the central technical core of the project or program.
* TRAINING. We work with clients to organize in-house training programs in our areas of acknowledged competence, lasting several days or up to 2 weeks.
* PRESENTATIONS. Public presentations or keynote speeches in support of your conferences or events.
* CONFERENCES. You can bring us in to help you organise significant conferences or events on the broad theme of sustainable transport, but with tightly focused high profile themes and some of the most recognized innovators and authorities in the field.
* MASTER CLASSES. We organise Master Classes for young professionals and university students in the various areas in which we work. Get in touch and we can talk about it.
* CITY TOURS. We organise and lead study tours and missions in Europe, looking into some of the leading cities, projects and innovations in our field.
* MEDIA. Sometimes it can help to have a respected external voice to explain and comment projects, programs and strategies to and with the media.
If you think you have a problem or a project that we may be able to help you with, give a call or better yet a Skype conference so that we can quickly review to see if there is a good fit and the competence to do the job that is needed. The goal will be to come up with a concise work statement, schedule and budget to see if there is a base for continuing the discussions.
To get in touch:
Email: email@example.com. Skype: newmobility
9, rue Gabillot 69003 Lyon France | T. +339 8326 9459|
9440 Readcrest Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90210 | Tel. +1 213 985 3501