We have no money gentlemen, so we shall have to think.
– Ernest Rutherford, on taking over Cavendish Laboratory in 1919
World Streets is an independent public interest publication which, as a matter of policy, we make freely available to all who are looking to understand, support, and contribute to the sustainability agenda anywhere in the world. We firmly believe that there should be no barriers, and especially not commercial ones, to the free circulation of news, tools, counsel and peer exchanges when it comes to the important issues of sustainable development and social justice. To ensure our full independence we do not accept advertising. We depend on the support of our readers, concerned public agencies, foundations and actors in the private sector to keep going.
1. Suggested Guidelines for Donation Levels
The following are set out here simply to give you a point of reference for your decisions. But please, these are only suggestions.
Individuals: Recommended annual contribution is EUR/USD 50.00 a year, a dollad a week. If your circumstances permit, consider giving more. You can be sure it will be well used. (Again, no one ever has to pay to read and profit from World Streets.)
Local associations: You are our great friends and promise for a better future. A nominal contribution will do just fine. If you can afford it, EUR/USD 50.00 to 100.00 might be the number. If you can’t, write us a letter and tell us you love us.
Cities and local government: You hold the keys to your own sustainable future. Depending on your size, finances and level of interest in seeking out new paths and strategies for policy and practice, please consider contributing anywhere from EUR/USD 100.00 to 1000.00.
Transport operators, suppliers: If you are a start-up or small firm, what about EUR/USD 100.00/year? For larger business and financial groups, you may wish to think in terms of EUR/USA 1,000 or even more. (If you have your own foundation or budget to support related non-commercial activities, perhaps we could talk?)
Ministries, public agencies desiring to go on record as supporting our work: We suggest a subscription of EUR/USD 1,000.00 as what seems to be a fair base. But let’s talk about it since it may make sense to consider linking this to a collaborative project for 2013 in one of more of the areas in which we have world-level competence. (See http://wp.me/psKUY-2Cg for more on this.)
Libraries and documentation centers: EUR/USD 150.00/year (This seems to be a reasonable figure relative to the prices of annual subscriptions to useful publications in our sector.)
Foundations, Donors: May we talk about it? firstname.lastname@example.org | +336 5088 0787 | Skype: newmobility.
2. how to transfer funds to support our work.
To make an immediate contribution via PayPal or credit card:
If for some strange reason that does not work for you, try this::
(1) Click www.paypal.com.
(2) Enter your account (or set one up quickly (and safely) as indicated).
(3) Click “send money”.
(4) Address: email@example.com.
(6) Click “Personal”.
(7) Click “Gift”.
(8) Thank you for helping World Streets to continue in 2010.
PayPal also has provision for paying by credit card. It is fairly well explained on the site.
For direct bank wire transfers:
Account Holder: Association EcoPlan International
Account no. 00010465401
Crédit Industriel et Commercial de Paris
Succursale BR (Montparnasse)
202 Blvd. Raspail / 75014 Paris, France
IBAN : FR76 3006 6106 2100 0104 6540 105
Or if you prefer, send a check to:
Association EcoPlan International
9, rue Gabillot
F69003 Lyon, France
* Kindly make your check payable to “Association EcoPlan International”.
3. OTHER WAYS OF SUPPORTING WORLD STREETS
* ADVISORY AND CONSULTING SERVICES. One way of looking at World Streets and its multiple networks, databases, archives, continuing research and professional activity in our chosen field is to see it as the tip of a very large “iceberg” of experience and competence. By making use of and supporting our consultancy and advisory services, you are helping us to fund and carry on with the free journal.
- – - > Click here for more on this
* LIBRARIES. You can contact your library, documentation center, agency or firm and ask them to sign up for an annual subscription.
* ENCOURAGE your city, public agency or private sector group to support World Streets.
* AWARDS. Consider recommending us to a public agency, foundation or eventually an award program for outstanding contributions in our field.
* BOOK SUPPORT. Help us identify and contact foundations, public agencies, universities, think-tank or other support for my book in progress – The Third Transportation Revolution: A Tale of Cities, Indolence, Complexity and . . . Equity. (Key sections, themes of the book are being presented and reviewed in conferences and presentations over 2013/20113. Get in touch for schedule.)
As I move ahead on this project I am increasingly impressed by what Benjamin Disraeli had to offer on the subject almost two hundred years ago: The best way to become acquainted with a subject is to write a book about it.
Thank you for helping World Streets to continue our work in 2013. We could not do it without you.
And it is going to be a great year. (Click to http://wp.me/psKUY-2yu to see why)
Eric Britton, Editor
Where are they reading World Streets this morning?
# # #