We have no money gentlemen, so we shall have to think.
– Ernest Rutherford, on taking over Cavendish Laboratory in 1919
World Streets is an independent public interest publication which, as a matter of policy, we make freely available to all who are looking to understand, support, and contribute to the sustainability agenda anywhere in the world. We firmly believe that there should be no barriers, and especially not commercial ones, to the free circulation of news, tools, counsel and peer exchanges when it comes to the important issues of sustainable development and social justice. To ensure our full independence we do not accept advertising. We depend on the support of our readers, concerned public agencies, foundations and actors in the private sector to keep going.
1. Suggested Guidelines for Donation Levels
The following set out here simply to give you a point of reference for your decisions. But please, these are only suggestions.
Individuals: The recommended annual contribution is EUR/USD 50.00 to 100,00 a year. If your circumstances permit, consider give more. Be sure it will be well used. (Again, no one had to pay to read and profit from World Streets.
Local associations: You are our great friends and promise for a better future. A nominal contribution will do. If you can afford it, EUR/USD 100.00. If not, write us a letter and tell us you love us.
Cities and local government: Again, you hold the key to your own sustainable future. Depending on your size, finances and level of interest in finding new paths for policy and practice, please consider anywhere from EUR/USD 100.00 to 1000.00.
Libraries and documentation centers: EUR/USD 350.00/year (This seems to be a reasonable figure relative to the prices of annual subscriptions to useful publications in our sector.)
Transport operators, suppliers: If you are a start-up or small firm, what about EUR/USD 100.00/year? For larger business and financial groups, you may wish to thing in terms of EUR/USA 1,000 or even more. (If you have your own foundation or budget to support related non-commercial activities, perhaps we could talk?)
Ministries, public agencies desiring to go on record as supporting our work: We suggest EUR/USD 1,000.00 as what seems to be a fair base. But let’s talk aout it since it may make sense to consider linking this to a collaborative project for 2013 in one of more of the areas in which we have world-level competence.
Foundations, Donors: May we talk about it? firstname.lastname@example.org | +336 5088 0787 | Skype: newmobility.
2. how to transfer funds to support our work.
To make an immediate contribution via PayPal or credit card:
* For US Dollar contributions, CLICK HERE.
For direct bank wire transfers:
Account Holder: Association EcoPlan International
Account no. 00010465401
Crédit Industriel et Commercial de Paris
Succursale BR (Montparnasse)
202 Blvd. Raspail / 75014 Paris, France
IBAN : FR76 3006 6106 2100 0104 6540 105
Or if you prefer, send a check to:
Association EcoPlan International
9, rue Gabillot
F69003 Lyon, France
* Kindly make your check payable to “Association EcoPlan International”.
3. Other ways you can support our work
* CITY TOURS. We organise and lead study tours and missions in Europe, looking into some of the leading cities, projects and innovations in our field.
* CONSULTANCY. You can bring in our specialised strategic consultancy/advisory capabilities to support, cross-check, review your new project or plan, on a confidential in-house basis or as an open public review.
* JOINT PROJECTS. Joint projects/project support in collaboration with some of the most capable consultancy groups working in this area.
* TRAINING: In-house training programs lasting several days or up to 2 weeks
* PRESENTATIONS: Public presentations or keynote speeches in support of your conferences or events.
* CONFERENCES. You can bring us in to help you organise significant conferences or events on the broad theme of sustainable transport, but with tightly focused high profile themes and some of the very supporting international speakers.
* LIBRARIES. You can contact your library, agency or firm and ask them to sign up for an annual subscription.
* ENCOURAGE your city, public agency or private sector group to support World Streets.
* MASTER CLASSES. We organise Master Classes for young professionals and university students in the various areas in which we work. Get in touch and we can talk about it.
* AWARDS. Consider recommending us to a foundation or eventually an award program for outstanding contributions in our field.
* BOOK SUPPORT. Foundation, university, thinktank or other support for my book in progress – The Third Transportation Revolution: A Tale of Cities, Indolence, Complexity and . . . Equity. (Key sections, themes of the book are being presented and reviewed in conferences and presentations over 2013/20113. Get in touch for schedule.)
Thank you for helping World Streets to continue in 2013. We could not do it without you.
And it is going to be a great year. (Click to
to see why)
Eric Britton, Editor
Where are they reading World Streets this morning?
# # #