This article published today by our colleague and associate editor of India Streets, Karthik Rao-Cavale in his outstanding blog “India lives in her cities too!”, provides an excellent example of the kind of clear thinking that is needed in the face of abundant contradictions that constitute life on India’s streets. Would it not be a wonderful thing if President Obama were to be invited to walk the streets and see for himself this aspect of daily life in one of the world’s greatest cities. I am sure that he would be moved to a far greater degree than sitting down to one more boring and inevitably hypocritical State Dinner. And he would go back to his crushing work load in Washington a far better friend of India. I promise.
- Eric Britton. Editor., India Streets.
2013 Program Themes- - - - - > START HERE < - - - - - 1. World Streets in 2013 2. The Beautiful City 3. The Equity Agenda 4. Women, gender parity and why 5. The Art/Science of Slowth 6. Open Systems/Zetabytes 7. The Sharing Agenda 8. Free Public Transport 9. Signals, Perception, Behaviour 10. Economic Instruments 11. Future of the car in the city 12. Good morning, Madame Mayor 13. New Mobility Media 14. 2013 NO (MORE) EXCUSES
And just behind these
FACEBOOK GROUPS- - - > HOW THEY WORK - - - > WorldStreetsOnline - - - > New Mobility Consult - - - > Equity/Transport program - - - > World Transport Journal - - - > World Transport Archives - - - > World Carshare/ xCars - - - > World City Bike Forum - - - > Car Free Cafe - - - > Safe Streets Challenge - - - > Gender/Equity/Transport - - - > Value Capture/LVT - - - > New Mobility Kids Network - - - > Accès Universel - - - > Nuova Moblita (Italy) - - - > Streets of India - - - > Nova Mobilidade - - - > Streets of Iran - - - > Calles de Guadalajara - - - > Thinking about Africa - - - > Thinking about China - - - > Thinking about Russia - - - > What is Europe - - - > Worst Practices Department
New Mobility Groups
New Mobility programs
Let’s go to the movies
World Streets Sentinels
- Reducing Black Carbon Emissions from Diesel Vehicles: Impacts, Control Strategies, and Cost-Benefit Analysis... fb.me/3lJgGh7wQ 2 days ago
- Right to breathe fresh air... fb.me/6t2Hr8Yiv 2 days ago
- Nite Tanzarn from Uganda: I read with interest, the recently published report on Report: “Transport for Health,... fb.me/7fU70vmPJ 5 days ago
- The latest issue of Carfree Times is now available at: carfree.com/cft/i073.html Carfree.com has moved... fb.me/6x9UVJNx2 1 week ago
- SEARCHING WORLD STREETS – AN OPEN LIBRARY AND TOOLKIT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS Few things are more frustrating in this... fb.me/20V6g6Xyz 1 week ago
- Searching World Streets – An open library and toolkit at your fingertips Few things are more frustrating in this... fb.me/6t7W1T2nh 1 week ago
- A NEW MOMENT FOR CARSHARING IN THE NETHERLANDS Over the last decade carsharing has increasingly proven itself to... fb.me/2MLG4CBM1 2 weeks ago
- Hail the New Auto "With polite drivers, autos on call and GPS-enabled trip meters, the autorickshaw is getting a... fb.me/339cQAQdF 2 weeks ago
- NMT Newsletter (Clean Air Asia-India) walkabilityasia.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/nmt_ti… fb.me/6AIUjC8bH 2 weeks ago
- ON FAIRNESS IN THE DOMAIN OF TRANSPORTATION The upper and lower limit of government intervention A... fb.me/6sq3fuuZQ 2 weeks ago
- ON FAIRNESS IN THE DOMAIN OF TRANSPORTATION The upper and lower limit of government intervention A... fb.me/1e0QyAvKU 2 weeks ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Google World Streets