This article published today by our colleague and associate editor of India Streets, Karthik Rao-Cavale in his outstanding blog “India lives in her cities too!”, provides an excellent example of the kind of clear thinking that is needed in the face of abundant contradictions that constitute life on India’s streets. Would it not be a wonderful thing if President Obama were to be invited to walk the streets and see for himself this aspect of daily life in one of the world’s greatest cities. I am sure that he would be moved to a far greater degree than sitting down to one more boring and inevitably hypocritical State Dinner. And he would go back to his crushing work load in Washington a far better friend of India. I promise.
- Eric Britton. Editor., India Streets.
SUPPORTING SOCIAL MEDIA
2013 Program Themes- - - - - > START HERE < - - - - - 1. World Streets in 2013 2. The Beautiful City 3. The Equity Agenda 4. Women, gender parity and why 5. The Art/Science of Slowth 6. Open Systems/Zetabytes 7. The Sharing Agenda 8. Free Public Transport 9. Signals, Perception, Behaviour 10. Economic Instruments 11. Future of the car in the city 12. Good morning, Madame Mayor 13. New Mobility Media 14. 2013 NO (MORE) EXCUSES
And just behind these
FACEBOOK GROUPS- - - > HOW THEY WORK - - - > WorldStreetsOnline - - - > New Mobility Consult - - - > Equity/Transport program - - - > World Transport Journal - - - > World Transport Archives - - - > World Carshare/ xCars - - - > World City Bike Forum - - - > Car Free Cafe - - - > Safe Streets Challenge - - - > Gender/Equity/Transport - - - > Value Capture/LVT - - - > New Mobility Kids Network - - - > Accès Universel - - - > Nuova Moblita (Italy) - - - > Streets of India - - - > Nova Mobilidade - - - > Streets of Iran - - - > Calles de Guadalajara - - - > Thinking about Africa - - - > Thinking about China - - - > Thinking about Russia - - - > What is Europe - - - > Worst Practices Department
New Mobility Groups
New Mobility programs
Let’s go to the movies
World Streets Sentinels
- Free-for-all: Organizations around the world suppprting free public transport 05/03/2014
- Does carsharing promote balanced, sustainable economic growth? 03/03/2014
- World Carshare/Going Dutch: Open Library for collaborators 19/02/2014
- World’s Best Carsharing International Bibliography 17/02/2014
- Inside world: just sharing future 17/02/2014
- Inside world: 2014 Haiku Sustainability Slam 15/02/2014
- Inside world: yet warm breeze in heart 15/02/2014
- Transforming transport in Penang – and the earlier the better 10/02/2014
- Zero Fare Public Transport in Tallinn shows a way 03/02/2014
- World Transport Policy & Practice – Vol. 20, No. 1 31/01/2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.